- BRS government took care of Singareni workers with concern: Kavitha
- Disgusted people keen on ousting KCR in ensuing elections: Mallu Ravi
- Telugu Talons New Jersey launched for inaugural season of Premier Handball League
- Water released in Musi River from Kethepalli reservoir
- Nothing Phone (2) to be manufactured in India
- Simpli Namdhari hosts Goodness Walkathon to raise awareness
- Indian nurses hoping to work in Ireland stuck in visa 'logjam': Report
- Govt asks airlines to devise mechanism for reasonable pricing of air tickets
- 'ED notice to Abhishek Banerjee's wife an inhuman act': Mamata Banerjee
- India's 5G sales hit 50% market for 1st time: Report
West Indies dents Kohli’s historic feat by forcing a tie
What a thrilling game of cricket Windies required 14 from the last over, they scored 13 to reach 3217 and tie the match with India
Visakhapatnam: What a thrilling game of cricket. Windies required 14 from the last over, they scored 13 to reach 321/7 and tie the match with India.
Shai Hope scored an unbeaten 123 off 134 balls to seal the tie in the second ODI match here on Wednesday.
Hetmyer played a polished knock of 94. Earlier, a record-shattering Virat Kohli became the quickest to reach 10,000 ODI runs on his way to slamming yet another century as India notched up a competitive 321 for six.
Kohli fired 157 off 129 balls, while Ambati Rayudu, who is seen as the answer to the team's persistent problems at the number four slot by none other than the Indian captain himself, made a fluent 73 off 80 deliveries. Kohli hit 13 boundaries and four sixes.
Kohli pulled, cut, flicked and drove in the manner he does best before cutting loose towards the end.
A six down the ground off debutant left-arm pacer Obed McCoy brought up 1,000 runs for him in the calendar year in only 11 innings, again the quickest of all time.
He then deposited McCoy over long-on for another maximum and in the next over, smashed Roach for a six and two fours to power his team past 300.
Batting first after winning the toss, India were off to a poor start when Rohit Sharma (4) was dismissed early by Kemar Roach in the fourth over of the day.
After the fall of his opening partner, who like Kohli entered the game on the back of a big hundred in the series-opener, Shikhar Dhawan continued to find the fence a couple of times while playing an upper cut to slice Roach's short ball outside off for a six over the third man.