Maradona undergoes successful surgery for stomach bleeding
Argentine football legend Diego Maradona underwent successful surgery for minor stomach bleeding at a clinic outside Buenos Aires
Buenos Aires, Jan 13 : Argentine football legend Diego Maradona underwent successful surgery for minor stomach bleeding at a clinic outside Buenos Aires.
He is set to be released in a couple of days to resume his duties as manager of Mexican second-division club Dorados de Sinaloa, Efe news reported on Sunday.
"The surgical intervention on Maradona has ended. Thankfully everything went perfectly. We are grateful to the medical department of the Olivos Clinic for their professionalism and humanity.
"Now we will wait for recovery so that he can go back to work as soon as possible," Matias Morla, Maradona's legal representative, told reporters.
The 58-year-old was having a routine medical check-up in his home country when doctors detected the problem.
Maradona, who captained Argentina to World Cup victory in 1986, has suffered a series of health problems since ending his playing career in 1997.
- Delhi court summons lawyer Gautam Khaitan, 3 others in money-laundering case
- General VK Singh files his nomination paper from Ghaziabad Lok Sabha seat
- 43 injured as bus overturns in UP's Balrampur
- Aircel-Maxis case: Protection from arrest to Chidambaram, Karti extended till April 26
- RLD chief files nomination from Muzaffarnagar