Date with desserts
Sweets is the happiness of every Indian festival. They add more passion to the festive fervour. With Diwali around the corner, festivities have...
Indulge your sweet tooth with homemade date mithai this Diwali
Sweets is the happiness of every Indian festival. They add more passion to the festive fervour. With Diwali around the corner, festivities have finally stepped in. It is also the time when our sweet tooth is on an overdrive. Dates are rich in vitamins, minerals, and fibre. Dates are high in natural sugars and a perfect energy boosting snack. This Diwali indulge your sweet tooth with healthy and guilt free treats made of dates.
Date and peanut laddu
- Cup shelled peanuts
- Dates 1 cup
- Ghee (clarified butter) 1 tsp
- Take peanuts in a thick bottom wok.
- Roast on low flame till the nuts begin to crackle and the colour changes to golden brown.
- You can also toast the nuts in your oven. Set temperature to 150 degrees Celsius and set the timer to 10 minutes.
- Leave the nuts to cool.
- Wash the dates and chop them into small pieces.
- Remove the skin of the nuts.
- Grind the nuts to a fine powder in your grinder.
- Transfer the dates to the wok. Add ghee. Cook on low flame. Soon the dates will begin to soften. Mash the dates with the back of the ladle.
- Add peanut powder. Mix well. Turn off the heat.
- When the mixture is warm enough to handle, mix with your hands and mash to get a mixture with dough like consistency.
- Make walnut size laddu.
- Store cold laddu in an airtight container.