The latest predictions for Apple's 2019 products, by one of the most reliable Apple analysts
A few predictions for Apples 2019 products by one of the most closely followed and respected Apple analysts
- Ming-Chi Kuo is one of the foremost Apple analysts
- Ming-Chi Kuo thinks the new iPhones will be able to charge other devices, that there will be a 16+ inch MacBook Pro with a new design, and that Apple will announce or release a new display with 6K resolution
A few predictions for Apple's 2019 products by one of the most closely followed and respected Apple analysts.
Attained by 9to5Mac, analyst Ming-Chi Kuo's recent investor note suggests minor and major updates and upgrades in Apple's iPhones, iPads, computers, Apple Watch, AirPods, and other product lineups.
Ming-Chi Kuo has been a go-to for Apple product predictions, predicted accurately most often.
Check out what Kuo predicts Apple will release in 2019
The 2019 iPhones
Ming-Chi Kuo forecasts the 2019 iPhones will have:
• Bigger batteries
• Upgraded Face ID
• A frosted glass casing most probably for the rear
• Reverse wireless charging to charge other devices that will also support wireless charging
• A triple-lens camera system, possibly for the largest "Max" model
• Lightning ports, suggesting Apple won't make the move to USB-C
• The same size screens as the current XR and XS generation: 5.8-, 6.1-, and 6.5-inch screens
The 2019 iPads
Ming-Chi Kuo expects that the 2019 iPads to have:
• Upgraded processors
• The 9.7-inch iPad Pro to be replaced with a 10.2-inch display, suggesting narrower bezels
• Contain a new iPad Mini with an upgraded processor
Apple Mac laptops
Ming-Chi Kuo predicts that the 2019 Mac laptops will have
• A latest 16- to 16.5-inch display option for the MacBook Pro. Currently, the largest display we get on a MacBook Pro is 15 inches. It's not clear the new 16+ inch MacBook Pros a new design
• Offer an option to upgrade the 13-inch MacBook Pros to 32GB of RAM. The current 13-inch MacBook Pro options top out at 16GB of RAM.
A new monitor
Ming-Chi Kuo believes that Apple will announce or release a new 31.6-inch display with 6K resolution.
Ming-Chi Kuo feels that the 2019 roadmap for the Apple Watch includes:
• ECG heart rate monitoring functions expanding to additional countries
• A ceramic casing option that appeared for the Apple Watch 3, but not the latest Apple Watch 4
Apple AirPods 2
Ming-Chi Kuo guesses that the Apple AirPods 2 will:
• Support wireless charging (perhaps to be charged wireless by 2019 iPhones that Kuo believes will include reverse wireless charging)
• Have upgraded Bluetooth connectivity
AirPower wireless charging platform
Ming-Chi Kuo believes that Apple's long-awaited AirPower wireless charging platform will be shipped in the first half of 2019.
Ming-Chi Kuo says the 2019 iPods will come with upgraded processors.