Kingston Ultra High-Speed microSD, HD Video Capture
Kingston, the independent world leader in memory products, today, announced the microSD UHS-I Speed Class 3 90MB/s read, 80MB/s write card (SDCA3). The card far exceeds the SD Association’s latest specification release, UHS-1 U3 (Ultra High-Speed Bus, Speed Class 3) rated for 30MB/s read/write.
The 90-80MB/s read-write speeds allow sports/adventure enthusiasts and users alike to capture cinema-quality Full HD (1080p), Ultra HD (2160p), 3D and 4K2K videos on high performance small form factor devices such as smartphones and cameras used by adventure and thrill seekers. Additionally, video playback at all resolutions up to 4K2K can be played without stutter or interruption. Fast speeds also translate to faster file uploads for computer editing, especially when using USB 3.0 card readers such as the Kingston® MobileLite G4 or USB 3.0 Media Reader.
With the emergence of tough and rugged performance cameras, users can rely on the SDCA3 card for its durability and reliability. It is the perfect companion card when capturing a downhill ski run, surfboarding and hang-gliding as the card is water-, shock/vibration-, X-ray- and temperature-proof.
“The growing adoption of high performance cameras and Android™-based mobile devices has prompted Kingston to provide fast microSD cards to maximize device performance,” said Nathan Su, Flash Memory Sales Director, APAC Region, Kingston. “We are confident that our new 90-80MB/s microSD card is built for extreme conditions and users will be able to capture all the memories they want on the card.”
SDCA3 will soon be available in India as a stand-alone card or with an SD card adapter in 16GB, 32GB, and 64GB capacities. Kingston recommends its latest readers for best card transfer speeds to and from a computer. The SDCA3 is backed by a lifetime warranty, free technical support, and legendary Kingston reliability.
Kingston SDHC/SDXC UHS-I U3 Flash Card Features & Specifications:
- Fast/Performance: UHS-I Speed Class 3: up to 90MB/s read and 80MB/s write for continuous shooting, video recording and fast file transfer
- Resistant: waterproof1, shock proof2, X-ray proof3 and temperature proof4 to perform even in harsh environments
- Compliant: with the SD Association specifications
- Compatible: with microSDHC & microSDXC host devices; not compatible with standard microSD-enabled devices/readers; microSDXC cards are not compatible with microSDHC-enabled devices/readers
- Flexible/Multi-functional: when combined with the SD adapter, can be used as a full-size SDHC/SDXC card to fit in DSL-R or DSL-M cameras, 4K camcorders and other devices
- Guaranteed: lifetime warranty†, free technical support
- Capacities5: 16GB, 32GB, 64GB
- Performance6: 90MB/s read and 80MB/s write, UHS-I Speed Class 3 (U3)
- microSDHC/SDXC Card Dimensions: 11mm x 15mm x 1mm
- SD Adapter Dimensions: 24mm x 32mm x 2.1mm
- Operating Temperature: -25°C to 85°C
- Storage Temperature: -40°C to 85°C
- Voltage: 3.3V
- IEC/EN 60529 IPX7 certified for protection against continual water submersion up to 30 min and depth up to 1m.
- Based on MIL-STD-883H, METHOD 2002.5 military standard test method.
- ISO 7816-1 certified for protection against 0.1 Gy of X-ray radiation to both sides of card.
- Withstands temperature range from -25 °C to 85 °C
- Some of the listed capacity on a Flash storage device is used for formatting and other functions and is thus not available for data storage. As such, the actual available capacity for data storage is less than what is listed on the products. For more information, go to Kingston’s Flash Memory Guide at kingston.com/flashguide.
- Speed may vary due to host and device configuration.
- The Android robot is reproduced or modified from work created and shared by Google and used according to terms described in the Creative Commons 3.0 Attribution License.
Kingston Flash Cards are designed and tested for compatibility with consumer grade market products. Itis recommended that you contact Kingston directly for any OEM opportunities or special use applications that are beyond the standard daily consumer usage. For more information on intended use, please refer to the Flash Memory Guide at kingston.com/flashguide.