- Gang leaders take charge in next task on ‘Roadies’
- Shehnaz Gill shares relationship advice with ‘Sa Re Ga Ma Pa’ contestant: ‘Move on, therapy le le’
- 'IBD 3' winner Samarpan Lama: Would love to choreograph Siddharth Malhotra, Tom Holland
- Assam not to ban 500 ml PET bottles
- Thousands of govt employees protest at Ramlila Maidan to demand restoration of Old Pension Scheme
- TDP-JSP will form next government in Andhra Pradesh: Pawan Kalyan
- DMK leader Elangovan accuses BJP of playing politics over Cauvery issue
- Congress slams PM Modi for promising now to set up a tribal university in Telangana
- Asian Games: Nandini Agasara claims bronze in women's Heptathlon
- 13 killed in Spain nightclub fire, 15 more missing
Harish Rao inspects Pilaipally canal works
Harish Rao inspects Pilaipally canal works, Minister for Major Irrigation T Harish Rao on Sunday inspected Pilaipally and Bhunadhigani canals in Bhongir division.
- Pulls up Irrigation dept officials for delayed execution
- Rs.20,000 cr allocated for water grid, canals & roads
Bhongir (Nalgonda): Minister for Major Irrigation T Harish Rao on Sunday inspected Pilaipally and Bhunadhigani canals in Bhongir division.
The Minister---along with Bhongir M P Boora Narsaiah Goud, Government Whip Gongidi Sunitha, MLAs Vemula Veeresham, Kunukuntla Prabhakar Reddy and Pailla Shaker Reddy---inspected the works of Pilaipally canal at Jagathpally village of Bhoodhan Pochampally mandal, which was taken up by the earlier Congress government to provide irrigation facility to 8,000 acres in Choutuppal, Bhoodhan Pochampally, Ramannapet and Chityal mandals.
Harish Rao also sought information from the Irrigation Department officials about the status of works of Pillaipally canal which were taken up eight years ago and not completed till today. He expressed anger against officials for the delay in execution of canal works. He instructed them to take steps on a war-footing to extend water through the canal, to five villages in Bhoodhan Pochampally mandal, three villages in Ramannapet mandal and six villages in Chityal mandals, within a period of 30 days.
Speaking after inspecting Bhunadhigani canal, in Bibinagar mandal, the Minister assured that a special officer would be appointed for the Bhunadhigani canal and measures taken to complete its works as early as possible. He said water would be released through the canal by the next monsoon season. Harish Rao listed the welfare schemes and development projects taken up by the TRS government for the welfare of the people as well as farmers in the State. He pointed out that Rs 20,000 crore has been allocated by the government for the water grid, development of canals and roads.