- Brothers stabbed to death after fight over alcohol in UP, six held
- UP govt tables second supplementary budget
- Delhi court to hear Lava chief's bail plea in Vivo PMLA case on Dec 4
- More people in Gaza could die of diseases than bombings: WHO chief
- Cabinet okays drone scheme for women self-help groups
- New AI model to predict physical & mental development in preemies
- IMD warns of cyclonic development, anticipates weather turbulence across multiple regions
- Cabinet clears Rs 11.8 lakh cr scheme for free foodgrain to poor
- Mock drill by Waltair division at Simhachalam
- California tries to fight 'tranq' threat with tougher punishment
Agni Jeevitesh wins St Ann’s chess title
Sai Agni Jeevitesh J of Telangana State emerged as the champion of the St Ann’s All India Open Fide-rating Chess tournament at the St Ann’s Women’s College for Women at Mehdipatnam here on Sunday.
Hyderabad: Sai Agni Jeevitesh J of Telangana State emerged as the champion of the St Ann’s All India Open Fide-rating Chess tournament at the St Ann’s Women’s College for Women at Mehdipatnam here on Sunday.
Sai Agni Jeevitesh J, Laxman R R and Bavan Kumar were tied at 7.5 points each but Sai was declared winner by virtue of a better aggregate.
Sai picked up the winner’s purse of Rs. 30,000 while Grand Master Laxman Sethuraman was richer by Rs 20,000 for finishing second. Overnight leader and third-placed Bavan Kumar picked up Rs 15,000 for his efforts.
Prof V Satyanarayana, Director of Physical Education OU gave away the prizes. Major K A Shiva Prasad, President, Hyderabad Chess Association, Dr Sr Amrutha, Principal of the host college, chief coordinator A Narasimha Rao and Organising Secretary K S Prasad were present on the occasion.
Final standing (Top ten): 1. Sai Agni Jeevitesh J (7.5), 2. Laxman RR (7.5), 3. Bavan Kumar (7.5), 4. Anil Kumar O T (7), 5. Lakshmi Sandeep Naidu(7), 6. V Kranti Kumar P (7), 7. Prasannaa S (7), 8. Raghav Srivathsav V (7), 9. Chakravarthi Reddy M (7), 10. Kushagra Mohan (7).