- Immunity given to lawmakers should not protect them from criminal prosecution for accepting bribes: Centre in Supreme Court
- 'I am not as communal as I am made out to be': Smriti Irani's swipe at Oppn
- 2 terrorists killed in Kashmir encounter, identified
- SC releases accused, who couldn't comply with HC condition, on bail after 3 years
- Nitish Kumar must answer how JD-U MLC was able to obtain caste survey data: Sushil Modi
- 'Gehlot Saheb, 2023 comes before 2030, have you forgotten count', Nadda takes dig at Raj CM
- What happened on October 5 in History?
- Apollo Medical College hosts 'White Coat Ceremony'
- Know about cybersecurity trends
- Youth shot at by unidentified gunmen in J&K’s Anantnag
BJP is pro Andhra: KCR
The ruling TRS wants to utilise the ensuing MLC elections for Mahbubnagar, Hyderabad and Rangareddy districts and Warangal, Khammam and Nalgonda to project the BJP as a pro-Andhra and anti-Telangana party. This decision is learnt to have been taken at the meeting of the TRS Legislature Party held here on Monday.
TRS evolves fresh strategy for MLC polls
Hyderabad: The ruling TRS wants to utilise the ensuing MLC elections for Mahbubnagar, Hyderabad and Rangareddy districts and Warangal, Khammam and Nalgonda to project the BJP as a pro-Andhra and anti-Telangana party. This decision is learnt to have been taken at the meeting of the TRS Legislature Party held here on Monday. The meeting chaired by Chief Minister K Chandrashekar Rao said the BJP-led NDA government at the Centre had been helping Andhra Pradesh and not Telangana.
Referring to the recent statement of the Union Law Minister Sadananda Gowda who alleged that the bifurcation of the High Court was getting delayed as the Telangana government had not sent a proposal to the Centre, KCR felt that the ruling party felt that the BJP was trying to mislead Telangana people only with an eye on MLC elections. Not only the TDP, even BJP’s conspiracies should be effectively exposed in the six districts that are going to polls, KCR told his partymen.
KCR said the BJP instead of faulting the AP government, which has been causing hurdles in the bifurcation of the High Court, targeted the TRS which had exposed its true colours. He said everyone knows that the government had shortlisted King Koti palace as the location for a second High Court. He said he had himself visited the place and inspected it.
The Chief Minister further said the NDA government had unilaterally merged seven mandals of Khammam with Andhra Pradesh. The TRS resigned to the fate since Parliament had enacted an ordinance on it. Now the BJP is trying to cover up its inefficiency to divide the High Court by pointing fingers at the TRS, which was not proper, KCR felt.
In a press meet held later, KCR appealed to graduate voters of Telangana to realize conspiracies of the BJP-TDP combine and shun them in the MLC elections. The internal surveys conducted by the TRS showed that both party candidates G Deviprasad and Palla Rajeshwar Reddy are going to be clear winners, he stressed. KCR’s outburst against the BJP is perhaps the first time in several months since the TRS has been trying to move closer to the BJP-led NDA government at the Centre.