- Delhi downpour causes school wall collapse, damages 11 vehicles
- Tata Motors inaugurates state-of-the-art registered vehicle scrapping facility in Surat
- Bhagwant Mann, Arvind Kejriwal reach Udaipur for Ragneeti wedding
- JSW Academic Building inaugurated at Krea University to foster excellence in education
- Amazon Launches Multi Channel Fulfilment for Sellers, Retailors, Brands and Manufacturers in India
- Akhil Akkineni’s Action-Packed Espionage Thriller ‘Agent’ To Premiere Exclusively On Sony LIV!
- TN CM issues orders allowing LT consumers to modify power load based on consumption pattern
- AIADMK seniors meet BJP leaders over rift in ties, saffron party backs state leadership
- Kamats Restaurants partners with IDFC First Bank for FASTag registration and recharge
- Amid heavy rains, bridge caves in in Bihar
TTDP demands Telangana to be declared drought-hit
The Telangana Telugu Desam Party have appealed to the Governor of Telugu states, ESL Narasimhan to direct the TS government to declare the state as drought-affected in order to take the according relief measures.
The Telangana Telugu Desam Party have appealed to the Governor of Telugu states, ESL Narasimhan to direct the TS government to declare the state as drought-affected in order to take the accordingly relief measures. The TTDP leaders delegation headed by the president L Ramana and working president A Revanth Reddy submitted a memorandum in this regard to the Governor.
The memorandum included the loan waiver, cattle camps to save animals suffering for want of fodder, timely payment of wages for workers under the Mahatma Gandhi Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme, providing food and shelter for children, old-aged and needy who got affected the worst due to the prevailing drought conditions. The party leaders expressed concern over water levels in the reservoirs in 440 mandals, water shortage in the municipal corporations and that 500 people died due to sunstroke and heat wave conditions in the state.
TTDP leaders lamented the lack of measures being taken up by the government towards the plight of the suffering families. They urged the Governor to instruct the state Government to extend financial assistance to the victims of heatwave, drought pension to the needy and finish the pending irrigation projects.