Livestock census nears completion
Over 90 per cent of the livestock census programme in the district has been completed, said Assistant Director Animal of Husbandry Department Dr Y Venugopal Rao
Kothagudem: Over 90 per cent of the livestock census programme in the district has been completed, said Assistant Director Animal of Husbandry Department Dr Y Venugopal Rao.
Speaking to media persons on Wednesday, he explained the details of the census. Rao informed that cent per cent of census was completed in Pinapaka, Aswapuram and Dummagudem mandals. Overall, the district has bagged sixth place in the programme, he told.
In Yellandu, Bhadrachalam, Dummagudem, Manuguru and Annapureddypally mandals, over 95 per cent of the census was completed, he informed, adding that the State stood at fourth place in the country with regard to livestock census.
Nearly, 104 enumerators and 27 supervisors had participated in the programme taken up in and around all the mandals. The programme would be completed by March 30, as per deadline. “However, we are trying to wrap up by March 15,” he said.
- Don't want to comment on Rahul's legal knowledge: Shah on murder accused remark
- CJI harassment case: 3-judges' panel set-up to probe, first meet on Friday
- MP man dies in police custody after being questioned in theft case
- 6.1 magnitude earthquake hits Arunachal Pradesh, tremors felt in Tibet
- 65% cast vote in 3rd phase