- Divine intervention comes to the rescue as IVPL thrives amid challenges
- LS Polls: BJP releases 1st list of 195 candidates, PM Modi to contest from Varanasi
- Ramadan 2024: Why moon sighting is an important Islamic tradition; all you want to know
- Govt initiatives boosting digital ecosystem across startups: Simplilearn
- WPL 2024: Budding cricketers join Gujarat Giants for special training session
- Shabari Jayanti 2024: Date, Rituals, and Significance
- World Birth Defects Day 2024: Date, history, significance and tips to prevent birth defects
- EC to set up special polling stations for voters in Manipur relief camps
- Sheikh Shahjahan starts cooperating with investigating officers: Sources
- Violence-free NE established, over 10,000 militants laid down their arms: Amit Shah
Kodandaram arrested at Bikkanuru tollgate
The police took Telangana Jana Samithi TJS chief Prof M Kodandaram at Bikkanuru tollgate here on Monday when he tried to call on farmers, who were being arrested by the police
Nizamabad: The police took Telangana Jana Samithi (TJS) chief Prof M Kodandaram at Bikkanuru tollgate here on Monday when he tried to call on farmers, who were being arrested by the police.
The police informed that 144 CrPC Section was in force in the district and there was no permission to him to call on farmers. It may be mentioned here that the farmers’ agitation turned serious demanding the release of SRPS water for irrigation purpose.
The police imposed 144 Section as the farmers were resorting to agitations in their own villages in Armoor sub-division limits. The police were deployed across the main roads across the district.
Earlier in the morning, Kodandaram paid tributes to Telangana ideologue late Prof Jayashankar at Gun Park, Hyderabad on the occasion of Jayashankar’s birth anniversary.
Speaking on the occasion, Kodandaram reminded Jayashankar’s words that the people have to wage movements even after the creation of separate Telangana State.
He said everyone has to wage movements in Telangana state to realise the aim of Jayashanker that the fruits of Telangana movement to be reached to all. He also recalled that Jayashankar participated in Telangana movement with sincerity and commitment. Earlier, Kodandaram paid tributes to the portrait of Jayashankar at TJS office.