Villagers get water purification plant: Rotary Club of Hanamkonda
In a bid to provide safe drinking water to the residents, the Rotary Club of Hanamkonda set up a water purification plant at Thatikonda village on Friday
Thatikonda (Warangal): In a bid to provide safe drinking water to the residents, the Rotary Club of Hanamkonda set up a water purification plant at Thatikonda village on Friday.
Speaking on the occasion, Rotary Club district governor P Sivannarayana Rao said that safe drinking water is one of minimum needs of the people. While the Rotary Club of Hanamkonda gave Rs 2 lakh for procuring the plant, the margin money was provided by Sesha Reddy of the village.
Club president R Narender Reddy said that they are trying their level best to extend services to poor and downtrodden. Efforts are on to provide bicycles, benches and other amenities to the students, he added. ZPHS headmaster K Rajender and village elder Sanadi Sandhya Raju were among others present.
- London court issues arrest warrant against Nirav Modi
- Late Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar cremated with state honours; thousands bid adieu
- Indian Army holds military exercise with 17 African nations
- Move to appoint Lokpal comes after pressure on government: Anna Hazare
- Leaf-litter causes increasing pollution levels in Bengaluru