- KCR government turned Telangana into debt-ridden, charges Bandi
- Vijayawada: Decision on 12th PRC likely after Cabinet meet
- US investors impressed by TSiPASS policy: KTR
- Chinna Jeeyar, a great social reformer: Kakani Govardhan Reddy
- TS made significant progress in power sector: Errabelli Dayakar Rao
- KCR to inaugurate Collectorate on June 9: MLA Balka Suman
- Khammam: Singareni Thermal Power Plant bags award for environmental practices
- Khammam: Students clean up forest on World Environment Day
- Empowering young voices through Children’s Art Museum of India
- Free electricity scheme applicable to tenants using within 200 units: CM
Super foods every woman should include in her diet
Related to the cauliflower and kale family, broccoli is very beneficial in terms of nutrients and is referred to as the super veggies Broccoli is rich in nutrients like fiber, Vitamin K, C, Iron and Potassium It can be enjoyed both raw and cooked However, it is always advised to steam the vegetables once before consuming
Related to the cauliflower and kale family, broccoli is very beneficial in terms of nutrients and is referred to as the ‘super veggies’. Broccoli is rich in nutrients like fiber, Vitamin K, C, Iron and Potassium. It can be enjoyed both raw and cooked. However, it is always advised to steam the vegetables once before consuming.
Why it’s a super food for women: Cruciferous veggies like broccoli, cauliflower and brussels sprouts pack a serious punch against cancer.
Peanut Butter is one of the world’s most popular spreads. Made of grounded roasted peanuts, it has this amazing texture that simply melts in your mouth. It is relatively unprocessed and a great snack option for weight watchers and fitness enthusiasts as it is rich in proteins and good fats.
Why it’s a super food for women: Consumption of peanut butter that consists of protein and good fats helps in preventing benign breast disease and cancer in women.
Beetroots, commonly known as beets, are a popular root vegetable used in many cuisines across the world. Beets are packed with essential minerals, vitamins and plant compounds, some of which have medicinal properties. Adding to that, they are delicious and easy to add to your diet.
Why it’s a super food for women: A 2012 study published in the journal Nutrition found that drinking a glass of beet juice (otherwise known as beetroot) may immediately lower your blood pressure.
Turmeric may be the most effective nutritional supplement in existence. Many high-quality studies show that it has major benefits for your body and brain.
Why it’s a super food for women: Curcumin, a plant nutrient that gives turmeric its deep golden hue, has long been used in Eastern medicine to treat infections and help speed wound healing.
Of all the super healthy foods, kale is the king! It is undoubtedly the most nutritious and healthiest plant food in existence. Loaded with all sorts of nutrients and beneficial compounds, Kale offers powerful medicinal properties.
Why it’s a super food for women: Not only does it do a number on cancer, it also helps the heart. According to Jibrin, a half-cup of kale juice per day jacked up helpful HDL cholesterol by 27% and lowered artery-clogging LDL cholesterol in just 12 weeks in one study.
- Chetan Kanani, Co-Founder, Alpino Health Foods