- Ayodhya Temple Construction Efforts Expand to Include Flower Beds with Unique Nagalinga Flowers
- Ex-MP Sameer Bhujbal appointed rival NCP’s Mumbai unit chief
- 46 students from Manipur admitted to Kerala colleges: Vijayan
- Centre notifies appointment of 11 permanent judges in Punjab & Haryana HC
- CBI initiates preliminary inquiry into 'irregularities' in renovation of Delhi CM’s residence
- SC directed to present joint arguments on the Delhi Service Bill petition filed by the Kejriwal government
- Police seized ganja worth Rs.93 lakhs
- Chandigarh Smart City gets best UT award
- Contemplating the creation of district-wise water bodies atlas: Minister NS Boseraju
- ISSHP World Congress 2023: Pragnya to tackle Pre-eclampsia and Elevate Maternal Health Awareness
Reliance Jio GigaFiber to go cheaper
Reliance Jio’s new GigaFiber router comes with single band support to Chennai and Mumbai.
Reliance Jio has introduced "Gigahub Home Gateway" a new version of its Optical Network Terminal (ONT) device for Jio GigaFiber broadband service that needs a security deposit of just Rs 2,500. This is Rs 2,000 lesser than the security deposit of Rs 4,500 for the original ONT device. The new Jio GigaFiber ONT is mediocre to the original device and is a single-band router. However, the Jio GigaFiber broadband service on the new device is similar to what was offered on the existing GigaHub Home Gateway.
Jio GigaFiber has not been implemented in India, Chennai and Mumbai based customers can now pay a security deposit of Rs 2,500 and take advantage of the services - which is reimbursable like the earlier Rs 4,500 security deposit. The new version has a router that offers Internet access but comes with single band support and its speed is limited to 50 Mbps, Voice services are also included with the new offer.
The new ONT device only supports Wi-Fi of 2.4GHz b / g / n and not the Wi-Fi band of 5GHz. The Ethernet port present in the device is 10/100, not 10/100/1000 (Gigabit). Measured around 9x5 inches and black in colour. On the back, the device also includes three RJ45, one RJ11 and one USB 2.0 port.
In spite of having a limited router, the new Jio GigaFiber service comes with free monthly data access of 1,100 GB. One of the first subscribers of the new version has specified in the DreamDTH forums that the new offer also offers access to the Jio TV application.
The 4,500 model that was introduced last year in August is expected to launch throughout India in the next few months. Subscribers of the previous model complain about the delay in launching voice services in their JioGigaFiber connections, while already being said to be included in the new model. However, the company started offering a fixed line connection to some of Jio GigaFiber's existing customers in the past.