- Suspected IED blast kills student in Manipur, another injured
- Asian Track Cycling: Arshad Shaikh, Jyoti Gaderiya win their third gold; Harshita bags silver as India claims four medals
- Corporate earnings surprised on the upside due to improvement in margins
- Ashok Chavan 'injures' Congress again, 55 Nanded ex-corporators join BJP
- Adani Group, Uber to form JV to help expand fleet on green energy?
- One killed as fire breaks out in Singapore apartment
- Two soldiers killed after helicopter crashes in US
- No difference of opinion between me and Satheesan, says Sudhakaran after show of temper
- ‘Farmers first’ policy is Modi govt's resolve to boost their income: A look at key initiatives
- KIUG 2023: Shooter Tejaswini bags Delhi University’s first medal; Chandigarh on top of medal table
Erstwhile Karimnagar secures lion's share in KCR Cabinet
There are four Ministers, who include Eatala Rajender (Health), K T Rama Rao (IT and Municipal Administration), K Eshwar (Social Welfare) and G Kamalakar (BC Welfare and Civil Supplies) in the Cabinet from the district
Hyderabad: Erstwhile Karimnagar district has secured lion's share in Chief Minister K Chandrashekar Rao's Cabinet with four Ministers. Other districts have got one or two representations only in the Cabinet.
Karimnagar, the hotbed of Telangana agitation and stronghold of Telangana Rashtra Samithi, got the highest representation.
The Ministers from the erstwhile Karimnagar district include Eatala Rajender (Health), K T Rama Rao (IT and Municipal Administration), K Eshwar (Social Welfare) and G Kamalakar (BC Welfare and Civil Supplies).
This assumed significance as the party had to face defeat in Karimnagar during the Lok Sabha elections. The party seems to make efforts to get back the trust of the voters by nominating four Ministers for the district.
The districts like Medak, Hyderabad, Ranga Reddy, Mahbubnagar, and Warangal got two Ministerial berths whereas the districts like Adilabad, Nizamabad, Khammam, and Nalgonda one each.
Medak has two Ministers, who include Chief Minister K Chandrashekar Rao and T Harish Rao, who is now Finance Minister.
The Hyderabad district has two Ministers including Home Minister Md Mahamood Ali and Animal Husbandry Minister T Srinivas Yadav. From Ranga Reddy, the Ministers are Labour Minister Ch Malla Reddy and P Sabita Indra Reddy.
From Mahbubnagar there two Ministers, Agriculture Minister S Niranjan Reddy and Excise and Tourism Minister V Srinivas Goud. The Warangal district too has two Ministers, E Dayakar Rao (Panchayat Raj) and Satyavathi Rathod, who was given Women and Child Welfare and ST Welfare.
For the districts like Adilabad, Nizamabad, Nalgonda and Khammam have only one Minister representing in KCR's Cabinet.
A Indrakaran Reddy (Endowments) is from Adilabad, V Prashanth Reddy (R&B) from Nizamabad, G Jagadish Reddy (Energy) from Nalgonda and P Ajay Kumar is from Khammam, who has been given Transport portfolio.
With this all the erstwhile districts in the State have secured representation in the Cabinet.