- Immunity given to lawmakers should not protect them from criminal prosecution for accepting bribes: Centre in Supreme Court
- 'I am not as communal as I am made out to be': Smriti Irani's swipe at Oppn
- 2 terrorists killed in Kashmir encounter, identified
- SC releases accused, who couldn't comply with HC condition, on bail after 3 years
- Nitish Kumar must answer how JD-U MLC was able to obtain caste survey data: Sushil Modi
- 'Gehlot Saheb, 2023 comes before 2030, have you forgotten count', Nadda takes dig at Raj CM
- What happened on October 5 in History?
- Apollo Medical College hosts 'White Coat Ceremony'
- Know about cybersecurity trends
- Youth shot at by unidentified gunmen in J&K’s Anantnag
Fire breaks out in Khammam Agricultural Market
About 1500 bags of cotton got burnt when an open shed in Khammam cotton market caught fire. Two fire tenders one from Khammam and another from Nelakondapalli rushed to spot and controlled further loss.
Khammam: About 1500 bags of cotton got burnt when an open shed in Khammam cotton market caught fire. Two fire tenders one from Khammam and another from Nelakondapalli rushed to spot and controlled further loss.
According to information about 2000 bags of cotton of Sri Siva Ganesh Krishna Traders which was kept as stock in open shed in the market premises which was purchased from farmers recently.
The staff and some Hamalis noticed flames are spreading from open shed and informed to fire tenders who reached spot. Out of 2000 bags the officials noticed about 1500 bags were burnt completely.
While the trader is claiming loss is Rs one crore but the cotton market officials said the loss was Rs 50 lakhs. The officials have not revealed any information about the cause of fire.