- Assam not to ban 500 ml PET bottles
- Thousands of govt employees protest at Ramlila Maidan to demand restoration of Old Pension Scheme
- TDP-JSP will form next government in Andhra Pradesh: Pawan Kalyan
- DMK leader Elangovan accuses BJP of playing politics over Cauvery issue
- Congress slams PM Modi for promising now to set up a tribal university in Telangana
- Asian Games: Nandini Agasara claims bronze in women's Heptathlon
- 13 killed in Spain nightclub fire, 15 more missing
- Raj Bhavan-Bengal govt tiff set to aggravate as Guv appoints 6 more interm V-Cs
- Himachal govt to set up commando force: CM Sukhu
- Doctor passengers help baby suffering from severe breathing crisis on flight
Gujarat model will be a bane for country
Minister Jagadish Reddy mocks at Central government
Munugodu (Nalgonda): Energy Minister G Jagadish Reddy on Wednesday questioned PM Modi whether the Gujarat model meant pushing the other parts of the country into darkness.
As against 24-hour power supply in Telangana, farmers in Gujarat were getting electricity only for six years, he pointed out. The Gujarat government had even announced a two-day holiday to the industrial sector due to shortage of power, he flayed. Stating that Gujarat was lying in darkness, the Minister mocked that the Gujarat model development meant pushing country in deep darkness Conducting a whirlwind tour in Munugodu constituency, the Minister distributed Kalyana Lakshmi and Shadi Mubarak checks to the beneficiaries in Munugodu, Chanduru, Marriguda, Nampally and other mandals at their doorsteps. He distributed cheques worth Rs 3.76 crore to 376 beneficiaries in the constituency. During his tour, he laid foundation stone for the development works estimated at Rs 1.15 crore at ZPHS in Chandur under Mana Ooru – Mana Badi programme
Speaking to the media, he said it was unfortunate that the BJP government was antagonistic towards the new state. He alleged that the central government was obstructing development of the state by withholding funds due from the Centre to the State. He made it clear that CM KCR would continue the welfare schemes despite the hurdles being put by the Centre.
He was accompanied by former MLA Kusukuntla Prabhakar Reddy, constituency TRS main leader Naraboina Ravi, local body representatives, party leaders and ranks.