- Suspected IED blast kills student in Manipur, another injured
- Asian Track Cycling: Arshad Shaikh, Jyoti Gaderiya win their third gold; Harshita bags silver as India claims four medals
- Corporate earnings surprised on the upside due to improvement in margins
- Ashok Chavan 'injures' Congress again, 55 Nanded ex-corporators join BJP
- Adani Group, Uber to form JV to help expand fleet on green energy?
- One killed as fire breaks out in Singapore apartment
- Two soldiers killed after helicopter crashes in US
- No difference of opinion between me and Satheesan, says Sudhakaran after show of temper
- ‘Farmers first’ policy is Modi govt's resolve to boost their income: A look at key initiatives
- KIUG 2023: Shooter Tejaswini bags Delhi University’s first medal; Chandigarh on top of medal table
HC stays NGT notice to KTR on farmhouse issue
In a relief to the minister KT Rama Rao, the Telangana high court on Wednesday stayed the NGT's notice issued to KT Rama Rao on the alleged farmhouse construction at Janwada by violation the GO 111.
However, the minister challenged the issue in the High Court and submitted a report clarifying that the farmhouse does not belong to him. On hearing both the arguments, the high court imposed stay on NGT's notice to KT Rama Rao.
The National Green Tribunal has issued the notices to KT Rama Rao and the Telangana government for illegal construction of farmhouse at Janwada in Hyderabad outskirts by violating the GO 111 after a petition filed by the Congress leader Revanth Reddy. NGT also set up a committee to look into the fact in violation of GO 111.
However, the minister responded to the notices and said that he would seek legal remedies after terming the case as deliberate personal vilification.