Hyderabad: Rs 250 crore Metro funds only if Falaknuma stretch begins

Hyderabad: Rs 250 crore Metro funds only if Falaknuma stretch begins
x
Highlights

Union Minister of State for Home Affairs G Kishan Reddy said the Centre will not release Rs 250 crore due to Hyderabad Metro Rail till the authorities extend the Metro services up to Falaknuma.

Hyderabad: Union Minister of State for Home Affairs G Kishan Reddy said the Centre will not release Rs 250 crore due to Hyderabad Metro Rail till the authorities extend the Metro services up to Falaknuma.

Addressing the media after travelling by Metro train from Jubilee Bus Station to Mahatma Gandhi Bus Station on Saturday, Kishan Reddy said the Centre had released Rs 1,200 crore out of Rs 1,450 crore for the Hyderabad Metro Rail. The remaining Rs 250 crore would be released only after the works on Falaknuma section was taken up.

Kishan Reddy expressed his unhappiness for neglecting and depriving the Old City of the Metro rail services. He said that he was extended invitation to attend the inauguration of the JBS-MGBS stretch of Metro rail, just a day ahead of the day of inauguration. He said he could not attend since a whip was issued that all MPs should be in Parliament on that day.

Earlier during a review meeting with the officials of the Hyderabad Metro Rail, the Union Minister had taken them to task for violating the protocol and expressed his anger for not displaying the photo of Prime Minister Narendra Modi on the Metro rails, though funds were given by the Centre.

The visibly upset Reddy had reportedly questioned the Metro officials whether inauguration of the JBS-MGBS stretch was a TRS party function. He was critical of the way he was extended the invitation for the function which was not in a proper manner and alleged that it was done so because of 'political reasons'.

The Union Minister demanded the State government not to buckle under pressure from the Majlis and extend Metro services to the Old City.

He said that the TRS, Congress and Majlis were not bothered about the development of the Old City. He also found fault with the State Government for not taking up MMTS phase-II works.

He said the Centre had already given more than its share of funds for extending the MMTS up to Yadagiri Gutta. But the State Government was yet to release its share for completion of Phase II of the project.

He asked the State government to release its share of Rs 400 crore for expediting MMTS Phase II works.

Show Full Article
Print Article
Interested in blogging for thehansindia.com? We will be happy to have you on board as a blogger.
Next Story
More Stories