- Farmers halt agitation for two days
- Jyothika's Hindi Comeback: 'Shaitan' Trailer Unleashes Horror Magic!
- Punjab to present budget on March 5
- Chlega Kafila Yaar Ka: Actor Gautam Yadav Takes Lead in Upcoming Song
- IIT Jodhpur's 1st 'Make in India' breath sensor to detect alcohol, asthma
- Audimulapu Suresh assures support to kin of Kanna Venkateshwarlu
- Delhi HC disposes appeal against single-judge who rejected restraining order on BharatPe's Grover over unpaid shares
- Shami's IPL 2024 Exit: Gujarat Titans Face Crisis with Ankle Injury
- Complete 240 residential units for PM Package employees by March 20: J&K
- Six-year-old boy mauled to death by stray dogs in UP district
Hyderabad: Works will be taken up under MGNREGS directed Chief Secretary Somesh Kumar
Hyderabad: Government priority works in the villages like the construction of vaikunta dhamams, dump yards, rythu vedikas, drying platforms (kallams),...
Hyderabad: Government priority works in the villages like the construction of vaikunta dhamams, dump yards, rythu vedikas, drying platforms (kallams), village parks, sheep/ cattle sheds, etc will be taken up under Employment Guarantee Scheme (MGNREGS) in Telangana from this year.
Chief Secretary Somesh Kumar directed the officials to prepare an action plan to tie up MGNREGS funds with departmental development activities duly converging the available funds in the departments. De-silting of feeder channels and irrigation distributaries along with infrastructure in housing colonies will also be taken up under the scheme and the official emphasised on the need to focus on government priority works in the villages.
He asked the departments to identify and prepare a seasonal calendar of works to be taken up under the programme. The official instructed the departments to prepare standard designs and estimates to take up the works in a systematic way, duly preparing village/ mandal/ district wise plans.