- TIDCO beneficiaries receive house keys at various colonies
- The enigma of existence
- Young Mother with Old Sons
- Vaddiraju Ravichandra calls on BRS Chief KCR ar Nandinagar
- Divine intervention comes to the rescue as IVPL thrives amid challenges
- LS Polls: BJP releases 1st list of 195 candidates, PM Modi to contest from Varanasi
- Ramadan 2024: Why moon sighting is an important Islamic tradition; all you want to know
- Govt initiatives boosting digital ecosystem across startups: Simplilearn
- WPL 2024: Budding cricketers join Gujarat Giants for special training session
- Shabari Jayanti 2024: Date, Rituals, and Significance
KCR to convert Telangana as Konasema: MLA Ravi Shankar
With a firm determination to supply water to about one crore acres of land present in Telangana and to transform the area like Konasema in Andhra Pradesh, Chief Minister K Chandrashekar Rao took up prestigious Kaleshwaram project and completed it in record time of just three years, said the Choppadandi MLA Sunke Ravi Shankar.
Choppadandi: With a firm determination to supply water to about one crore acres of land present in Telangana and to transform the area like Konasema in Andhra Pradesh, Chief Minister K Chandrashekar Rao took up prestigious Kaleshwaram project and completed it in record time of just three years, said the Choppadandi MLA Sunke Ravi Shankar.
On Wednesday, the MLA along with farmers and local people celebrated releasing of water from the Kaleshwaram project into Gayatri pump house in Choppadandi of Karimnagar district. Later, he performed milk bath to the flexy of Chief Minister K Chandrashekar Rao, expressing their gratitude.
MLA Ravi Shankar alleged that the farmers hardly cultivated two crops per year during the reign of other governments in the united Andhra Pradesh, due to the discrimination on this region in water supply. But after the formation of Telangana government, KCR decided to transform the entire Telangana into a fertile land and took up Kaleshwaram project to supply water for irrigation and drinking water needs also, he added.
The Opposition parties laughed at the CM when he said of making the flood canal as a continuously flowing river. Now they are keeping silent by seeing the flood canal flowing like a river with the constant efforts put up by KCR, he stated.
By lifting about 3,150 cusecs of water through four heavy duty motor pump sets each, a total of 12,609 cusecs of water is supplied daily from Gayatri Pump House to Mid Manair Reservoir through Yellamapalli project through flood canal. All the regions including Choppadandi along the way of flood canal will be benefitted with Kaleshwaram water, the MLA added.
MLA Ravi Shankar ordered the officials to be ready for lifting water from other pump sets also on receiving orders from the Chief Minister.