- Sinead O'Connor's slams Trump for using singer's best-selling single at rallies
- Tata Motors to demerge business into two separate listed companies
- Interoperable payment system for Net banking to be launched this year: RBI chief
- Cash-for-query row: Delhi HC rejects interim injunction against 'defamatory' posts on Mahua Moitra
- BJP mulling to field woman candidate from South Goa
- 'My work is over here': Justice Gangopadhyay ends judicial career with recommendation for action against district judge
- Ahead of Jaishankar's visit, S. Korean envoy lauds bilateral economic ties
- FM Sitharaman urges top GST officials to leverage technology for plugging loopholes in system
- PM Modi addresses rally in Chennai, slams MK Stalin-led DMK government
- Delhi HC issues notice on compensation plea for toddler mauled by stray dogs
MLA Seethakka asks Mulugu officials to safeguard people amidst Cyclone Michaung
Assures that the government will purchase the grains from the farmers of the damaged acres
Mulugu: The impact of the cyclone formed in the Bay of Bengal has hit the state of Telangana and due to this effect, the Meteorological Department has announced a red alert for the Mulugu district in the wake of heavy rains and gusty winds in many places in the state since Monday.
Therefore the authorities alerted the district collector of Mulugu and ordered the officials to make arrangements to move people to safe places, there is a possibility of heavy rains for the next two days and the people of Godavari coastal area should go to safe places and not come out unless it is necessary.
The district administration should take preventive measures to avoid any losses. Farmers should not be disheartened. The Congress government will buy the rice grain and other crops that are in sight. The authorities have been ordered to alert all the people from time to time.