Narayanpet: 55 years old farmer electrocuted in his field
A farmer was electrocuted in his farmland in Gundumal village of Kosgi mandal in Narayanpet district on Wednesday.
Narayanpet: A farmer was electrocuted in his farmland in Gundumal village of Kosgi mandal in Narayanpet district on Wednesday. According to sources, Narasimha Reddy (55), as usual had gone to his farmland early in the morning to start the bore motor to irrigate his paddy fields. However, while trying to switch on the motor, he touched the starter accidentally and came in contact with a live wire. He was electrocuted and died on the spot.
As he was lone in the field there was no one to notice him. The incident of his death came to light when the farmers from the adjacent fields observed Narasimha Reddy lying in the paddy field unconscious. They found an electric wire touching his feet. They realised that he had died of electric shock and immediately removed the electric fuses and removed the body and informed the police.
The Kosgi police, who reached the spot, observed that Narasimha Reddy could have accidentally got in touch with the live wire and as he was with bare foot, he received a heavy jolt and died on the spot. "The farmer had died of electrocution as he had accidentally touched a live wire while starting the motor in his field. We have registered a case and taken up the investigation," said Kosgi Sub-Inspector Nagaraju.