- Gurugram: Man convicted for raping & killing minor girl handed death penalty
- Bengal school job case: Calcutta HC seeks report from ED's Special Director on Partha Chatterjee
- ASIP’s OSAT/ATMP Project launched with Korean JV
- Excise policy case: Delhi court defers order on Sisodia's bail plea amidst pending curative petition
- Surveillance tightened in Sandeshkhali to prevent recurrence of tension
- SC asks UP govt to frame policy for timely payment of advocates' fees
- I have played with him and I am really proud of him: AB de Villiers on Sarfaraz Khan
- West Bengal govt seeks urgent listing of its suit against CBI probes in post-poll violence cases
- Army rushes to aid 500 tourists stranded after sudden snowfall in Sikkim
- Indian Navy provides medical assistance to Iranian fishing vessel
National Minorities Panel pats Telangana for welfare sops
NCM Vice Chairman Atif Rasheed complimented State for innovative schemes such as Shaadi Mubarak which he termed as revolutionary and would be a role model for rest of country
Hyderabad:.He held a meeting to review implementation of the Prime Minister's new 15-point programme on minority welfare and various central and state government schemes at BRKR Bhavan on Friday. The state government also received pat for successfully running minority residential schools in the state. The various schemes taken up for the welfare of Christians such as graveyards, financial assistance schemes and Christmas gifts also received the praise of the NMC. State Chief Secretary Somesh Kumar gave an overview of the vision of Chief Minister K Chandrashekar Rao on minority welfare and various schemes of the state government.
He explained the progress achieved in implementation of schemes such as Shaadi Mubarak, CM overseas scholarship scheme, scholarship schemes and Telangana Minority Residential Schools. Secretary (Minority Welfare) Nadeem Ahmed made a power point presentation and briefed the officials about the various schemes.
Principal Secretaries to Govt Sunil Sharma (TR&B, Housing), Arvind Kumar (MA&UD), Ravi Gupta (Home), Sabyasachi Ghosh (Youth Services), Joint Secretary Minority Welfare Government of India Daniel Richards, Director Dhanalakshmi, SAM Rizvi, Secretary to Govt (HM&FW), D Divya, Spl Secretary to Govt (WD & Senior Citizens Welfare), B Shafiullah, Secretary, TMREIS, Omar Jaleel, Commissioner Intermediate Education, A Devasena, Director School Education, AHN Kanthi Wesley, Managing Director, Telangana State Christian (Minorities) Finance Corporation, Shahnawaz Qasim, Director, Minorities Welfare and other officials were present on the occasion.