- LCA Tejas to get futuristic weapons, sensors; MoU inked
- India to have 3 to 4 chip fab plants in next 5 years: IT Minister at PhonePe event
- From air connectivity to IMEC, PM Modi had 'productive meeting' with Greek counterpart: Official
- NTPC signs land lease pact for setting up Green Hydrogen Hub near Vizag
- Abhay Bhargava opens up about fathers bonding with daughters-in-law
- Over 10K-litre fake ghee packed under well-known brand names seized in Jaipur
- Man killed in Delhi house collapse
- India, US can play key role in shaping geopolitical landscape of Indo-Pacific: Defence Secretary
- J&K Police evacuates critically-ill child amid heavy snow in Kulgam
- Exercise Milan has grown from 5 IOR navies to 50 navies across the Indo-Pacific: Indian Navy chief
Police with suspected coronavirus symptoms can take leave: DGP Mahender Reddy
Coronavirus in Telangana: After the police department has seen a rise coronavirus positive cases, DGP Mahender Reddy asked the police officers to leave if suffering from suspected coronavirus symptoms.
Coronavirus in Telangana: After the police department has seen a rise coronavirus positive cases, DGP Mahender Reddy asked the police officers to leave if suffering from suspected coronavirus symptoms. The notice has been passed to all the districts superintendent of police and the commissioners.
The police officers who are serving the people as frontline workers can take leave in case of coronavirus symptoms appear, he said.
Around 84 police officers in Telangana have tested positive for coronavirus until June 4. All the policemen were suspected to have got infected with the virus while on duty at containment zones and COVID-19 nodal centres. All the policemen are getting treated at the hospitals while their family members are in home quarantine.
Meanwhile, the department also reported first coronavirus death on May 21. A 37-year-old constable who had been on lockdown duty died of coronavirus, a few days after getting tested positive for coronavirus.