Woman Tahsildar burnt alive in Abdullapurmet

Woman Tahsildar burnt alive in Abdullapurmet

In a gruesome incident, which has shocked the entire Telangana, a woman Tahsildar of Abdullapurmet in Rangareddy district was burnt alive in her...

Hyderabad: In a gruesome incident, which has shocked the entire Telangana, a woman Tahsildar of Abdullapurmet in Rangareddy district was burnt alive in her office chambers on Monday afternoon.

The accused, K Suresh, entered the chambers of Tahsildar Vijaya Reddy at 1:30 pm stating that he wanted to discuss some land issue with the official.

As soon as he entered the office chambers, he closed the door from inside and argued with her for half an hour. Later, the accused allegedly attacked the Tahsildar and poured petrol on her and set her ablaze.

On hearing screams, her driver Gurunadham and the attender tried to break open the door. At that time, the accused opened the door and left the place telling them that short circuit occurred in the room injuring them. Sources said he also suffered some burn injuries.

The Tahsildar too ran out of her chambers engulfed in fire but could not be saved. She was charred to death in the corridor of her chambers, though the driver and the attender tried to rescue her.

The incident created panic in the area. Since Mondays are dedicated for public hearing at the Tahsildar's office, many people came to the office.

According to eyewitnesses, besides Vijaya Reddy, Revenue Inspector Mahesh and one of the employees Vijayamma came out of the chambers and collapsed at the door.

At first, the employees could not recognize who was in flames. A carpet was lobbed at her when she raised her hands for help. On seeing the hands, they recognised her to be their officer and tried their best to rescue her. Unfortunately, within minutes she was charred to death in front of their eyes.

The shocked visitors then shifted two severely injured persons in the incident to the nearby hospital for treatment.

On receipt of information, police rushed to the spot. The CLUES team and dog squad collected evidences. They took the accused Suresh into custody and shifted him to a private hospital under police custody.

Rachakonda Police Commissioner Mahesh M Bhagwat visited the spot and said the case will be investigated from all angles.

The two injured persons who sustained burns while trying to rescue the Tahsildar were shifted to a private hospital at DRDO in Kanchanbagh. Their condition is stated to be critical.

Post-mortem of the Tahsildar has been completed and the body has been shifted to her house in the Green Hills colony. It is learnt that her last rites would be performed in Munugode.

The parents of Suresh said that he was mentally unstable, and they do not know why he had gone to the MRO office. They said their land issue was in the High Court.

Meanwhile, Revenue employees staged protests at many places across the state. They feel that the recent remarks by the government painting them as corrupt officials could have led to such ghastly incident.

Show Full Article
Print Article
Download The Hans India Android App or iOS App for the Latest update on your phone.
Subscribed Failed...
Subscribed Successfully...
More Stories