- APPSC Group-1 Mains examinations begins in Andhra Pradesh
- Gold and silver rates today in Delhi, Chennai, Kolkata, Mumbai - 03 June 2023
- Here is what ‘Mem Famous’ collected in the first week
- OTT: ‘Senapathi’ director’s next titled ‘Dayaa’
- Modi can become first Indian PM to address US Congress twice
- Tropical storm Mawar brings heavy rain to wide swathes of Japan
- Gold and silver rates today surged in Hyderabad, Bangalore, Kerala, Visakhapatnam - 03 June 2023
- Five dead and six injured as Toofan vehicle hits a lorry in Pileru
- Odisha Train accident 233 dead 900 injured
- Addition of sedition in rioting case: HC seeks police stand on Sharjeel Imam’s plea
11 onion sales counters opened across Srikakulam
The marketing department officials on Friday opened 11 sale counters at agriculture market committees (AMCs) across the district to meet the demand of onions.
Srikakulam: The marketing department officials on Friday opened 11 sale counters at agriculture market committees (AMCs) across the district to meet the demand of onions. In all three Rythu Bazaars at Srikakulam, Amudalavalasa and Kotabommali, 1,50, 043 kgs of onions were sold on subsidy price at Rs 25 a kg out of the total procured onions of 1,97,993 kgs in the district.
In addition to three onion sales points in Rythu Bazaars, 11 sales points were inaugurated at AMCs at Rajam, Ponduru, Narasannapeta, Jalumuru, Itchapuram, Kanchili, Palasa, Hiramandal, Pathapatnam, Palakonda and Etcherla in the district. With this the total number of onion sales points were increased to 14 in the district. On Friday, 55,000 kgs of onions were positioned at all 14 sales points across the district.
In sales points, the onions were sold from 8 am to 11 am and 3 pm to 5 pm. However, people expressed dissatisfaction over limited period of sales in the morning and evening hours and demanded for its sales all along the day.
"We stood in the queue at Rythu Bazaar since morning, but the counter is closed before we get tokens for onions," stated B Rajulamma, K Appala Narasamma of Srikurmam village in Gara mandal said.
Speaking to The Hans India, Assistant Director for Marketing Bevara Srinivasa Rao said the scarcity of onions will be resolved in a couple of days as we have opened sales counters at 14 points across the district.