- Target 370: Is BJP oversanguine?
- Economy on fire, not on all cylinders though
- Other states following Assam's cancer care model: Himanta Biswa Sarma
- TalentSprint announces new program ‘WISH’ for Women Engineering students
- IAF C-130J makes safe landing at Begumpet airport after technical snag
- Canadian International School hosts its 10th edition of Model United Nations conference
- Nirmala Sitharaman launches Rs 1,000 cr worth infra projects
- Arun Singh Dhumal welcomes England team with 'perfect conditions' at HPCA
- Hindu teacher acquitted in blasphemy case after five years in Pakistan
- 10 Manipur tribal MLAs urge Centre not to cancel 'Suspension of Operations' pact with Kuki militant outfits
1st phase counselling of GITAM concludes
he first phase counselling of GITAM Deemed to be University Engineering, Pharmacy and Architecture courses concluded on Saturday.
Visakhapatnam: The first phase counselling of GITAM Deemed to be University Engineering, Pharmacy and Architecture courses concluded on Saturday. The three-day online admission counseling was conducted in Visakhapatnam, Vijayawada, Tirupati, Hyderabad and Bengaluru.
Students were given admissions based on the ranks they obtained in GITAM Admission Test (GAT-2019). The newly introduced B Tech programme Computer Science and Business Systems (CSBS) designed in association with TCS also received good response from parents and students. GITAM Admissions Director K Narendra stated that the varsity would be giving Rs 30 crore worth merit scholarships to AP and Telangana EAMCET- 2019 rank holders.
He added that they were planning to conduct a second phase counselling after EAMCET results get declared. He informed the first phase counselling received good response although students from Odisha, West Bengal and North-East States missed the counselling because of 'Fani' cyclone. He assured that the university would give rank priority to the students from those states in second phase.