- City surgeon gets patent for path-breaking carpal tunnel device invention
- Lone Wolf operators at large?
- Five including three kids killed in fatal road accident
- Ambati Rambabu responds of Prashant Kishor’s comments on Jagan
- AP BJP chief reacts on alliance with TDP and Jana Sena
- Techie dies of heart attack while playing cricket
- Denied LS ticket, Harsh Vardhan quits politics
- NASA sends next batch of astronauts to ISS
- MLC Bharat unveils sandalwood smuggler Verappan’s memorial
- Delhi Government's 10th Annual Budget: Embracing "Ram Rajya" Principles For Inclusive Governance
32K cycles procured for students gathering dust
To improve the attendance and academic performance of girl students studying in government schools, the previous TD government had launched Badikosta scheme in 2016-17.
Chittoor: To improve the attendance and academic performance of girl students studying in government schools, the previous TD government had launched Badikosta scheme in 2016-17. Under the scheme, the Chandrababu government purchased 32,000 new cycles at a cost of Rs 12 crore for distributing to girl students studying in 8th and 9th standards in government schools.
Former chief minster N Chandrababu Naidu had reportedly failed to implement the scheme as cycles purchased just prior to the elections and were not distributed to girl students. After YSRCP coming to power, the Jagan government put all the welfare schemes on hold citing financial fraud. Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy had changed the name of Badikosta scheme to Rajanna Badibata.
However, the cycles procured in previous regime have stickers of Chandrababu and former Education minister Ganta Srinivasa Rao. According to an official, the TDP government had entered into a contract with a Haryana-based agency for supply of manufactured cycles under the Badikosta scheme.
As the government has changed, the old stickers have to be removed and should be pasted with stickers of the YSRCP government, he mentioned. The State government reportedly took a decision to distribute the cycles for girl students in 2019-20 academic year.
It may be stated here that Jagan government has to take steps for early distribution of cycles to the girl students. It is pathetic that new cycles which were were procured kept in open places in some towns.