- Roche's new bispecific monoclonal antibody to treat vision loss in India
- Assault On Medical Student By Patient And Friend Sparks Outrage At Tamil Nadu's Vellore Hospital
- Yogi government expanded its cabinet, 4 new ministers Joined
- Delhi: Woman dies after husband sets her ablaze amid quarrel
- Govt targets 5-fold jump in India’s share of global space economy
- Happy Shiva Ratri 2024: Best Messages, Quotes, Wishes, and Greetings to Share on Shiva Ratri
- Bengal Govt moves SC against CBI probe into attack on ED at Sandeshkhali
- Four new ministers inducted in UP Cabinet
- Technology’s share in world Mcap nearing 40 pc, showing high-level of concentration
- Pro-Pak slogans row: Police told to take strict action against anti-national activities, says Karnataka Dy CM
Annavaram temple to implement dress code for arjitha sevas
Sri Veera Venkata Satyanarayana Swamy temple management of Annavaram is initiating steps to implement dress code to all arjitha sevas, vratams and kalyanams from July 1.
Rajamahendravaram: Sri Veera Venkata Satyanarayana Swamy temple management of Annavaram is initiating steps to implement dress code to all arjitha sevas, vratams and kalyanams from July 1. As part of it, the management arranged flexis on the sacred shrine Ratnagiri popularly known as Annavaram.
Speaking to The Hans India, Temple Executive Officer M V Suresh Babu said the temple management decided to implement dress code, which is part and parcel of our tradition. Male devotees should wear pancha and kanduva and female devotees saress, jacket or punjabi dress to participate in various arjitha sevas and in a phased manner, the dress code will be implemented to the darshan of the Lord also.
Permission was given to APCO and Khadi Bhandar to sell pancha and kaduva for Rs 150 on the hills to the devotees and plans are also afoot to sell sarees. A meeting was arranged on June 20 with cottage donors to take a decision to collect 50 per cent of rent for allotment of cottages on their letters.
At present, as per rules, the temple management is providing 45 days free accommodation to the donors and because of it some persons are using this facility and getting rooms freely on donor letters. Many sheds were arranged on the shrine for the convenience of devotees and the reservation office of marriage halls shifted to office of public relations office.
Meanwhile a special cell also created to help the donors. Temple management is giving top priority for providing hassle-free darshan to devotees along with proper accommodation and the temple staff were directed to respect the devotees coming to the hills.