- KTR dares Revanth and Raghunandan to submit evidence over allegations on ORR tendering
- WWDC 2023: Apple to unveil new Macs, AR/VR Headsets, and iOS 17
- Telangana govt. sanctions Rs. 15 crore for Bonalu, Talasani asks temples to submit applications
- Despite worries, 83% of Indian workers willing to let AI help at job
- Indian-American teen wins $50,000 Young Scientist award
- MG Motor India Reports Sales of 5006 units for the month of May 2023
- Akshaya Patra Foundation resumes Mid-Day Meal Scheme in Bengaluru
- India removes evolution and periodic table from text books
- How to eat better
- ‘Bhola Shankar’ first single date locked; promo on 2nd June
Chittoor: Red sanders logs worth Rs 2 crore seized
Chittoor police seize 145 logs from two vehicles, arrest international smuggler Giri Naidu of Tamil Nadu during vehicle checking
Chittoor: The Chittoor police arrested Giri Naidu, an international red sanders smuggler based in Tamil Nadu along with five of his men and seized 145 red sanders logs worth Rs 2 crores on Saturday. SP S Senthil Kumar said two vehicles were also seized.
Speaking to media here, the SP said that Puttur division police conducted a vehicle checking drive on Saturday at various parts of the division. During the checks, police stopped a Sumo and a lorry going towards Tamil Nadu from Satyavedu and found 145 red sanders logs. They arrested Giri Naidu an international red sanders smuggler who was involved in smuggling the precious wood from Chennai to Taiwan and Malaysia.
The police also arrested N Srikanath, P Ramakrishnan, C Ponnuswamy, B Chinnaswamy and M Villain.
Senthil Kumar said that Special Enforcement Bureau director Vidayasagar Naidu, Puttur DSP Yaswanath, Satyavedu CI Siva Kumar and other police officials took part in the operation.