- PIL in SC seeks directions to Centre and States to consider reasonable demands of farmers
- ISL 2023-24: Bengaluru FC push for playoffs against Hyderabad FC in Sunil Chhetri's 150th outing
- Creditors face haircut of 68% on admitted claims under IBC
- Shri Ramcharitmanas row: SC grants 2 weeks to UP government to file its reply on Swami Prasad Maurya's plea
- PVL Season 3: Calicut Heroes blaze through Delhi Toofans to get dominant win
- NewsClick row: Court grants Delhi Police 20 more days to file charge sheet in UAPA case
- Swaad of South Unveils Newest Outlet in Madhapur, Offering a Fusion of Tradition and Innovation in South Indian Vegetarian Cuisine
- This universal story about the tragic isolation of old age will move and stir Kannada and Telugu audiences: Deepak Qazir Kejriwal
- NIT Calicut and Vehant Technologies Signs MoU to Co-Teach Students and Jointly Work on AI/ML Projects
- List of Environmentally-Friendly Products Spearheading Green Movement for a Healthier Planet
Easter's day celebrated with gaiety
On Sunday, the Christian fraternity in Prakasam district celebrated Easter, commemorating the resurrection of Jesus Christ on the third day of his crucifixion.
Ongole: On Sunday, the Christian fraternity in Prakasam district celebrated Easter, commemorating the resurrection of Jesus Christ on the third day of his crucifixion. The believers in Christ's resurrection participated in the special prayers, masses at various churches all over the district and also paid visits to the burial grounds to pay respects to the their elders.
Marking Easter Day, the Christians culminated in the 40 days of Lent, a period of fasting, penance, and prayer to commemorate the 40 days of suffering by Jesus Christ, in the desert, before he was crucified and resurrected on the third day.
The believers at various places participated in the midnight mass while others reached the churches along with their families in the early morning and participated in the special prayers. Thousands of Christians participated in the prayers at the Jewett Prayer Hill, conducted by the Jewett Memorial Baptist Church since early morning while the St Theresa Church, RCM Church, Nazarene Baptist Church, Resurrection Baptist Church, Immanuel Baptist Church, The Lord Church, Pentecost Prayer Hall, and the Christian Burial Ground at Mamidipalem also witnessed large gatherings of the believers in Christ.