- Precautionary Measures And Traffic Advisory For Tractor March Near Delhi-Noida Border
- Arvind Kejriwal Skips Enforcement Directorate Summons In Money Laundering Case
- MWC 2024: Xiaomi Unveils Xiaomi 14 and Xiaomi 14 Ultra; Features, Price and Availability
- MWC 2024: Honor Unveils Porsche Edition of Magic V2 Foldable Phone
- Ambati Ramababu slams Pawan Kalyan for limiting to fewer seats for polls
- 100 per cent inter syllabus for TS EAPCET 2024
- CM Jagan to chair meeting with all 175 candidates tomorrow
- Gold rate in Visakhapatnam slashes, check the rates on 26 February, 2024
- Telangana Gurukula Board releases TGT exam results
- MWC 2024: HMD Teases New Phones for India Launch in July
Fazulbegpet residents worried over poor drainage facility
Due to lack of proper drainage facility from Seepanaveedhi to Nagavali river, drain water and garbage are flows into private sites around the area.
Srikakulam: Lack of proper drainage facility is leading to sanitation problem and posing a serious threat to public health at Fazulbegpet in Srikakulam city. Here both drain water and rainwater is flowing towards Nagavali river near new bridge road. But the drain ends at Seepanaveedhi in Fazulbegpet.
Due to lack of proper drainage facility from Seepanaveedhi to Nagavali river, drain water and garbage are flows into private sites around the area. As a result, locals are unable to bear stench smell and it is becoming a breeding ground for mosquitoes to spread vector-borne diseases. It is also posing threat to health of residents of Fazulbegpet, Seepanaveedhi, Ramalayamveedhi.
Drainage facility is essential from Seepanaveedhi to Nagavali river and it is only permanent solution to prevent the problem. But the corporation officials are confined to remove silt and garbage whenever locals complained about the problem.
"We have complained to municipal commissioner and district collector on several occasions to address the issue but they pushed often their staff for temporary relief," said A Santoshkumar, K Ramana, P Srikanth, the residents of Seepanaveedhi to The Hans India. "We are unable to bear bad smell and mosquitoes menace in the area.
We are fearing about rainy season as rainwater and drainage water floods the area," said B Tharachand, K Eswaramma, K Sridhar and G Akhil, residents of Fazulbegpet. "We will find a permanent solution for drainage problem soon after discussing with the concerned officials," said Corporation Commissioner R Sriramulu Naidu.