- Anantapur: Bhairavanitippa irrigation project key election issue
- Untold Stories of our temples-4: After years of neglect, Kashi Bugga temple now a big draw for devotees
- Kurnool: TDP ticket aspirants anxious as party yet to announce candidates
- National Science Day celebrations at MJCET
- ‘TERNS’ to celebrate platinum jubilee tomorrow
- Inter exams begin amid hiccups; students rate question paper easy
- Visakhapatnam: NSTL trident gets inaugurated
- Indian Farmers Concerns: Accurate climate forecasts & insurance
- How do you define a good life?
- Vizianagaram: Farmers urged to adopt tech to increase output
Government to conduct study to improve aqua productivity
District Collector Praveen Kumar has said the government will conduct a comprehensive study on the measures to be taken to improve aqua productivity.
Undi: District Collector Praveen Kumar has said the government will conduct a comprehensive study on the measures to be taken to improve aqua productivity. He spent entire day to assess the aqua potential in the district by visiting different places and tanks in the district on Thursday.
Speaking on the occasion, the Collector said that 67,518 hectares has been identified as aqua zone in the district and out of which prawn cultivation is going on in 21,000 hectares. The Collector interacted with the farmers engaged in aqua cultivation. During his visit in Ganapavaram, Undi and Akiveedu mandals, he enquired the cultivators about the income generated from aqua occupation.
Aqua has become an additional source of income for many farmers besides agriculture, he observed. He asked the farmers on the feed supplied to the fish and prawns and procedures adopted to test the quality of water in the ponds.