- BJP to Finalise Tie-Up with TDP-JSP Tomorrow: TDP, JSP to kick-start campaign from Feb 28
- Telangana MLA Lasya Nanditha's Life Cut Short in Tragic Accident
- Is it the end of politics in Russia?
- Farmers’ popularity graph at stake
- BJP needs different narrative down south
- Tension prevails in Tadepalli
- Sharmila lambasts YSRCP govt for betraying youth
- Differences plague YSRCP in Itchapuram
- Nagababu may contest in Anakapalli Lok Sabha seat
- TNSF stages a protest against Amarnath
HC canteen roof blows off, woman injured
A woman was injured when a roof of High Court canteen blown off and hit the woman due to heavy gales coupled with rain at Nelapdu village in Guntur district on Tuesday.
Guntur: A woman was injured when a roof of High Court canteen blown off and hit the woman due to heavy gales coupled with rain at Nelapdu village in Guntur district on Tuesday. When the woman Ramanamma was working near the High Court canteen, roof of the canteen (metal sheet) blown off and hit the woman and caused major injury to her hand and eye.
She is a contract labourer under a contractor. She was shifted to the local hospital for treatment. Within ten minutes, the canteen tent completely collapsed. People at the canteen ran way with panic. Due to sudden and unexpected rain, the people got a respite from scorching sun.
Rain occurred in Guntur city, Repalle, Macherla, Sattenapalli, Mangalagri, Tenali and other parts of the district. Due to gales, the SPDCL stopped power supply for some time and later revived. Due to gales in Guntur city flexes fell on the roads and the city was drenched in the rain.