- Your Ultimate Guide to the Perfect Pongal Look
- With unsecured personal loans under lens, growth momentum in the segment to derail in coming quarters
- Andhra CM Jagan takes poll battle to Chandrababu Naidu's home turf - Kuppam
- India seeks greater say for developing countries at WTO meet
- It was a joy to be a part of a lyrical, poetic, and deeply romantic story: Shahbaz Khan
- Samsung’s Most Intelligent PC Lineup Galaxy Book4 Series Goes on Sale in India
- KIUG 2023: Sambalpur’s Sujata Kujur hopes to make it to Indian women’s hockey team
- VESCOA Partner with ISRO, signed MoU with ASSOCHAM to Advance Collaborative Initiatives
- FM Sitharaman stresses on compliance of norms at meet with fintech heads
- Indian Navy conducts airborne insertion ops over Arabian Sea
Monuments of Potti Sriramulu will be protected: Collector MV Seshagiri Babu
District Collector MV Seshagiri Babu said that they would make arrangements for protecting the monuments or scripts of Amarajeevi Potti Sriramulu in the museum for the future generations.
Nellore: District Collector MV Seshagiri Babu said that they would make arrangements for protecting the monuments or scripts of Amarajeevi Potti Sriramulu in the museum for the future generations. He addressed at a programme in the city on Sunday in connection with the death anniversary of Amarajeevi.
The Collector said that Sriramulu had participated in freedom movements like Salt Satyagraha and Quit India and finally settled in Nellore. He had taken up indefinite hunger strike demanding separate statehood for Telugu people and in the process sacrificed his life.
Educational institutions and others should come forward to provide any monuments or material used by Sriramulu for preserving them in the museum, the Collector said.
SP Bhaskar Bhushan said that Potti Sriramulu stands top among the leaders who sacrificed their lives for the sake of the nation.
Joint Collector Dr V Vinod Kumar said that staff members of village secretaries and others in the field should take him as an inspiration for serving the people. Students from several educational institutions performed cultural programmes on the occasion. DRO G Mallikarjuna, Vice Chairman of the NUDA T Bapi Reddy, RDO Hussain Saheb, and freedom fighter KV Chalamaiah were present.