- How online learning is transforming teaching careers?
- Swami Vivekananda U20 National Football to kickstart in April
- Mumbai woman cured of epilepsy after part of her brain removed
- MP-PSC delegation presents 66th report to Governor Mangubhai Patel
- Political googly? Sharad Pawar invites Maha CM, Deputy CMs home for dinner
- Sharad Pawar Extends Dinner Invitation Amidst Political Tensions In Baramati
- India's GDP growth surges to 8.4 per cent in Q3, 2023-24 growth rate pegged at robust 7.6 per cent
- SCBA GBM to discuss nomination of women advocates as Executive Members within two months
- Anant National University organises International Symposium on Architecture for All: Call of the Future
- Protein linked to Parkinson's also key for normal brain work: IIT Mandi study
Municipal Corporation of Tirupati to build boxing ring in SSC soon
Municipal Corporation of Tirupati (MCT) had agreed to build a boxing ring in Srinivasa Sports Complex (SSC) here to facilitate athletes practice boxing, said SSC administrative officer Vijayalakshmi.
Tirupati: Municipal Corporation of Tirupati (MCT) had agreed to build a boxing ring in Srinivasa Sports Complex (SSC) here to facilitate athletes practice boxing, said SSC administrative officer Vijayalakshmi.
Speaking at the valedictory of 35-day long boxing summer camp held in the complex on Thursday, Vijayalakshmi said keeping in view more and more young evincing interest in combat sport boxing,
SSC approached the corporation for building a full-pledged boxing ring which would a long way in promoting the sport.
In the boxing summer camp, 22 including 6 girls participated, she said lauding the efforts of government School physical education teacher (PET) Surendra Babu, who acted as a coach for the boxing athletes for the success of the camp.
Sri Venkateswara University (SVU) police station CI Chandrasekhar, who was the chief guest said that he got a job in government service solely because of his achievement in sports getting national award in running race not of his educational qualifications including post graduate degree, graduate in teacher training and M Phil while stressing the youth to shine in sports and games for a bright future by overcoming challenges, stress and strain in life.
Sports Authority of Andhra Pradesh (SAAP) awarded certificate and Chittoor District Boxing Association (CDBA) give away medals to all the 22 participants for successful completion of the training. CBDA president Raja Naik, secretary Murali, senior journalist Raghav Sharma and others were present.