- New Delhi: Education gets more accessible, India adopts global standards
- Srikakulam: Traders exploit cashew farmers by offering low price
- YS Jagan Mohan Reddy meets Amit Shah in Delhi
- New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi's monumental moment
- TDP in poll mode
- ISRO gears up for navigational satellite launch today
- New Delhi: Despite run-ins with Centre, Supreme Court has upheld its independence in last 9 yrs
- New Delhi: Aam Aadmi Party dubs BJP’s 9-year rule as dark era of failure
- I am lucky to be born as NTR’s son: Balakrishna
- Extend support to revive Urdu journalism, Shabbir pleads with Telangana government
Nellore: Man watches wife's suicide, even videographs it
Police take the accused into custody
Nellore: A man instead of preventing his wife from taking her life, videographed and forwarded it to her relatives asking them to bring the dead body. The deceased has been identified as Kondamma (29) and the incident happened at JR Peta of in Atmakur town late on Tuesday night.
Penchalaiah and Kondamma got married 12 years ago and the couple were blessed with two children. Kondamma was working as a resource person in MEPMA while her husband Penchalaiah has been working as a security guard in Atmakur town.
Suspecting fidelity of his wife, Penchalaiah started harassing Kondamma for some time. The duo was having frequent heated exchanges on the issue. Late on Tuesday night, after heated arguments between them, Kondamma hanged herself to death before her husband at their residence.
But Penchalaiah failed to stop her and even videographed the entire suicide episode and forwarded it to her relatives. Later, he asked them to take the dead body. Based on the information provided by the relatives, Atmakur police immediately swung into action and took Penchalaiah into custody. They booked a case against him and shifted the body for post-mortem.