- Mother of all cricketing battles begins today
- Eluru: Pilot project of supplying nutrition kits launched
- Rajamahendravaram: CM YS Jagan Mohan Reddy lays stone for factory expansion in Khandavilli
- South Central Railway holds review meeting on safety of train operations
- TSRTC DA balm for employees
- Vijayawada: Krishna district SP P Joshua issues notice to Pawan Kalyan
- Centre’s nod for ToR of AP-TS Krishna water row to tribunal
- Bhimavaram: Muralikrishnam Raju takes charge as SRKR Engg College principal
- Osmania University to appoint panel to fill faculty deficit
- Hyderabad: Birla Planetarium organises outreach activity
New Medical Colleges for AP Telangana
The central government has sanctioned 12 medical colleges for Telangana and five for Andhra Pradesh.
New Delhi: The central government has sanctioned 12 medical colleges for Telangana and five for Andhra Pradesh. Each of these medical colleges will have 150 seats from academic session 2023-24.
The new medical colleges in Telangana will be set up at Malkajgiri in Hyderabad by Arundhati trust. In Medchal, CMR trust and in Warangal Colombo trust would set up the medical colleges. The other nine medical colleges will be government medical colleges and would come up in Bhupalpally, Kamareddy, Karimnagar, Khammam, Asifabad, Nirmal, Sircilla, Vikarabad and Jangaon.
In Andhra Pradesh the new medical colleges would be set up in Eluru, Machlipatnam, Nandyal, Rajahmundry and Vijayanagaram. All these five colleges would be government colleges.