- CM out to cheat western Prakasam again, alleges TDP
- TDP may field Vemireddy Prashanthi in Kovuru
- CM to launch ‘Vision Vizag’ today
- Tips to help children maintain a healthy weight
- Panchakarla says people will teach YSRCP a befitting lesson
- Kala, Atchanna turn centres of TDP politics
- The rise in women seeking online skill trainings in past 5 yrs : Survey
- YSRCP dismisses Prashant Kishor prediction on Jagan’s defeat
- Meri Bharat Mera Parivar: Modi debunks 'no family' jibe of Lalu
- Five key projects of GMDA worth Rs 194.18 crore approved
Officials raids on Kalyan, Lalitha Jewellery in AP
The officials of the legal metrology department has conducted statewide raids on the major Jewellery stores on Wednesday.
Vijayawada: The officials of the legal metrology department has conducted statewide raids on the major Jewellery stores on Wednesday.
As part of inspections, the officials raided on Kalyan, Lalitha Jewellery showrooms in Visakhapatnam, Vijayawada, Rajahmundry, Nellore, and Tirupati.
Moreover, they have seized few gold ornaments as samples from every store and sent them for weight and quality testing to the lab.
The raids were conducted under the supervision of the Legal Metrology Commissioner Damodar (IPS). Speaking to media he said during the raids several violations were found.
In some stores, the ornaments were being sold without any paper receipts. The officials also raided other jewellery stores which include Vaibhav, Jos Alukkas and others.