- Congress leader Vijaya Reddy participates in Sonia Gandhi birthday celebrations at Himayatnagar
- Sonia Gandhi birthday celebrations held in Nizampet
- Cong announces 'halla bol' march to Maha Legislature on Monday
- Northeast's cultural diversity captivate spectators on penultimate day of Hornbill Festival
- NCLAT gives NTPC breather on CCI penalty
- The Mystery of Missing files in Fisheries and Education Department
- Chaturmukha Basadi, Restored with granite structure
- Transport sector decarbonization must to reduce emissions, says India at Dubai climate talks
- Bhupender Yadav, John Kerry hold talks on US-India collaboration for financing e-buses
- Officials’ budget presented in the House, public budget in Feb: MCD Mayor
Police imposed PD act on four liquor smugglers in Chittoor district
Chittoor Police detained four liquor smugglers in Chittoor district under preventive detention act and sent them to jail
According to SP, Chittoor S Senthil Kumar is the first PD act imposed after forming the special enforcement bureau in the state. C Venkatesh, M Ramdas, M ChandraNaik and Deepak were identified as habitual offenders in liquor smuggling and they have each 4 to 6 IDL manufacturing and smuggling cases in Palasamudram, Punganuru and Karvetinagar mandal police stations.
In view of their criminal background SP Senthil Kumar proposed to District Collector N Bharath Gupta for implementing PD act on them. Later, as per the Collector orders police arrested these four habitual liquor smugglers under PD act and sent them to Kadapa central jail on Thursday.