Process for Gram Panchayat polls commences in Srikakulam
Officials are making plans for grama panchayat elections in Srikakulam district. After general elections voters list preparation started in the district.
Srikakulam: Officials are making plans for grama panchayat elections in Srikakulam district. After general elections voters list preparation started in the district.
There are 1,095 grama panchayats are in Srikakulam district for which elections are held for every five years. The five year term concluded on 1 August 2018 later onwards state government appointed special officers for all panchayats and for village level administration.
These special officers are clearing issues at village level with the assistance of panchayat secretary, village revenue officer (VRO) and village revenue assistant (VRA).
During special officers rule major decisions relating village development have not been taken due to absence of elected body.
Officials started exercise to prepare voter lists ward wise and grama panchayat wise across the district.
"We are collecting information from village level regarding voters at ward wise and village wise and final list likely to be announced by 10 May,'' district panchayat officer (DPO), Bantuapalli Koteswara Rao told The Hans India.
- Sri Lanka blasts shakes up the country: Live updates
- PDP president Mufti hits out at PM for bringing nuclear bombs in political discourse
- Delhi HC seeks CBI, Michel's lawyer response on plea challenging phone call limit
- Election Commission transfers seven Bengal police officers
- Third phase polling on Tuesday across 15 states