- Sree Vishnu’s Birthday Treat: Geetha Arts Unveils Collaboration for ‘SV18’
- RK Roja takes jibe at Pawan Kalyan, flays for contesting in 24 seats only
- Government Utilizes Technology to Safeguard Public Assets in Davangere
- Daily Forex Rates (29-02-2024)
- Films, Content and AI: Amitabh Bachchan, RGV engages in thought-provoking conversations
- Raashi Khanna dazzles in stylish promotional look for ‘Yodha’
- Only Bhansali can make you do 8 rounds in a 30-kg costume: Richa Chadha
- Kajol, Kriti Sanon set for a face-off in ‘Do Patti’
- KTR dares Revanth to resign, face him and win from Malkajgiri
- Perni Nani flays Pawan Kalyan, says TDP-Jana Sena will lose in next elections
Restrict Ammavodi to government schools: PDSU
tudents under the banner of Progressive Democratic Students Union on Thursday staged a protest at Ambedkar statue in Guntur, demanding that the government restrict Ammavodi scheme to the government schools only.
Guntur: Students under the banner of Progressive Democratic Students Union on Thursday staged a protest at Ambedkar statue in Guntur, demanding that the government restrict Ammavodi scheme to the government schools only. They opposed extension of the scheme to the students studying in the private schools.
They demanded the government to fill the teacher posts lying vacant in the government schools and implement the Right to Education Act. Speaking on the occasion, PDSU state secretary U Gani Raju said all the students studying in the government schools were facing the problems.
He demanded that the government allot at least 30 per cent of the funds to education sector in the State budget. PDSU district president Jhansi was also present on the occasion.