- Cong leaders, Allagadda BJP leaders join YSRC
- CM out to cheat western Prakasam again, alleges TDP
- TDP may field Vemireddy Prashanthi in Kovuru
- CM to launch ‘Vision Vizag’ today
- Tips to help children maintain a healthy weight
- Panchakarla says people will teach YSRCP a befitting lesson
- Kala, Atchanna turn centres of TDP politics
- The rise in women seeking online skill trainings in past 5 yrs : Survey
- YSRCP dismisses Prashant Kishor prediction on Jagan’s defeat
- Meri Bharat Mera Parivar: Modi debunks 'no family' jibe of Lalu
Sports enhances memory: VMC Commissioner
Active participation in sports will make students healthy and also enhances memory power, said Vijayawada Municipal Commissioner M Rama Rao.
Vijayawada: Active participation in sports will make students healthy and also enhances memory power, said Vijayawada Municipal Commissioner M Rama Rao. He attended as chief guest and inaugurated the summer camp coaching at Indira Gandhi stadium here on Thursday.
The commissioner said that the students should concentrate on sports apart from academics. He suggested the students to utilise the summer camp classes by learning wholeheartedly in their selected subject. He narrated the stories of some great sportspersons and their greatest victories. This kind of summer camp is very useful to showcase the hidden talent of the students in sports and to make them as a perfect sportsperson, he opined.
He said that the summer camp will be held till May 20 in various municipal schools around the city organised by the VMC. He suggests the parents to take initiative by sending their children for the summer camp to prove their skills in their respective fields.
Additional commissioner (general) Chandrasekhar, deputy executive officer Ramalingeswara Rao, sports officer in-charge Shekar, education consultant K Durga Prasad and some other officers were present.