- 25-year-old woman murdered and set ablaze in Medak
- Nguvu Change Leader Roshni Perween amplifies call to end child marriage at the Global Summit
- YS Jagan reviews on Cyclone Michaung, asks officials to provide facilities to flood affected areas
- Seeds of Thought: Sadhguru’s Quotes to Celebrate World Soil Day 2023!
- Embracing Winter Joy: A Guide to Keeping Your Baby Warm and Protected
- Theme, history, meaning and how to celebrate World Soil Day 2023
- Visakhapatnam Airport made operational 24/7 for two days
- CID's Beloved Fredericks, Actor Dinesh Phadnis, Passes Away: Co-star Dayanand Shetty Confirms
- Measuring Digital Transformation ROI: Metrics That Matter
- AICC chief Kharge responds on CM candidate of Telangana
State BJP leaders to meet Union Minister today
The AP BJP leaders will meet Union Minister for Water Resources Gajendra Singh Shekhawat in New Delhi on Sunday.
Vijayawada: The AP BJP leaders will meet Union Minister for Water Resources Gajendra Singh Shekhawat in New Delhi on Sunday. They will submit a detailed report on Polavaram Project and give a suggestion to the Centre on the future course of action.
Speculation is rife in the political circles that the BJP leader may suggested that the Centre may take over the construction of the project. The party central leadership is keenly observing the developments surrounding the project.
The party State leaders feel that if the construction of the project is taken up directly by the Centre, the BJP will grow stronger in the State and emerge as a strong contender in the next elections.
It is, however, to be note that the State government's role in the construction of the project cannot be underestimated. The State's role in resettlement and rehabilitation of displaced assumes importance.
the State government has made allegations of corruption against the previous government, but it failed to collect evidence so far. The Centre will discuss all the issues relating to the Polavaram project with the BJP top leadership during their meeting with the Union Minister. The Centre may give one more chance to the State government, according to sources.
Similarly, the BJP leadership is also exploring alternative plans. As per the sources, they have already discussed various options including the creation of new authority for the Polavaram project by including in it some prominent BJP leaders. Mainly the leadership wants to complete the project and also to get mileage for the party, according to party leaders.