- Ministry of Defence rejects 15 scripts centered around the Pulwama attack before ‘Operation Valentine’
- Indian startup ecosystem on par with global standards
- Govt schemes helping startups born with Indian capital: Sanjeev Bikhchandani
- Rahul’s Cambridge visit for lectures in poll season raises many eyebrows
- Vennela Kishore’s ‘Chaari 111’set for March 1strelease; Cast and crew share insights
- Nifty snaps two-day decline in choppy trading session
- Superstar Rajinikanth partners with Bollywood biggie for a mega project
- Paisalo Digital raises Rs 200 crore from IRDEA to lend for EV buyers
- Mahindra Finance forays into MSME focused co-lending partnership with Lendingkart
- Siddharth nods his head for a script by Aishwarya Rajinikanth!
Tourism sector gets big boost in East Godavari dist
Tourism projects worth Rs 79 crore have already been completed while projects worth Rs 120 crore are progressing at various places
Rajamahendravaram: As part of tourism promotion in the district, various projects worth Rs 79 crore were already completed and Rs 120 crore worth of tourism project works under private and public participation (PPP) mode were under progress in Rajamahendravaram.
Speaking to The Hans India, an official of Tourism department said that tourism projects worth Rs 69 crore, under Swadesi Darshan Scheme (SDS), were completed. In addition, Rs 10 crore worth project was completed in Maredumilli.
Under the aegis of Manjeera Group, Rs 120 crore worth of a five star hotel, including convention hall, mall etc are coming up in the city.
Under SDS, the tourist places such as Kakinda Beach Front, Hope Island, Coringa Wildlife Sanctuary, Vodalarevu, Adurru Boudha Stupa, Kotipalli temple etc were covered. An amount of Rs 4,566.86 lakh was spent for the development of Kakinada Beach Front, Hope Island was developed with Rs 80 lakh, Coringa Wildlife Sanctuary with an amount of Rs 846.43 lakh, Pasarlapudi was developed with an cost of Rs 268.70 lakh, Adurru having ancient Boudha Stupa was developed with Rs 508.04 lakh, S Yanam with an amount of Rs 57 lakh, Kotipalli with an estimated cost of Rs 214. 14 lakh, two wooden cottages at Bhimeswara Swamy temple Samalkot were constructed with Rs 95 lakh and 10 resorts at Maredumilli in the agency area with an estimated cost of Rs 10 crore.
The district is having abundant opportunities relating to water based tourism, eco tourism and temple tourism etc.
Picturesque Papikondalu, Dindi Resorts, travel in House boats in river Vasishta, wooden huts in Maredumilli, Coringa Wildlife Sanctuary, etc are popular attractions of tourism in the district.