- WhatsApp plans to replace green checkmark with blue one for verified channels
- Popular Vehicles and Services files IPO papers with Sebi again; public issue entirely OFS
- Airtel now has over 50 million unique 5G customers
- SC imposes Rs 25K costs for filing 60-page synopsis against a 5-page HC order
- Dell considering a fresh investment in Bengaluru, says Karnataka govt
- AP CID serves notices to Nara Lokesh in IRR case, asks him to attend on October 4
- TMC will take MGNREGA job card holders to Delhi in special buses for protests in Delhi
- Loneliness blur line between real and fictional people: Study
- Vasireddy Padma complains to DGP against TDP leader over remarks on RK Roja
- Elon Musk's X paid nearly $20 million to creators: CEO Linda Yaccarino
V-P Venkaiah Naidu hails progress of projects in Telugu States
- Holds a review meeting with officials
- Advises them to make regular field visits to the project sites and take personal initiatives in expediting works
Officials from the Ministry of Tourism and the Ministry of Culture, led by Union Minister G Kishan Reddy gave a detailed presentation to the Vice-President about the progress of the projects in the States. Venkaiah suggested early completion of the projects by working in close coordination with the State governments of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana.
It may be noted that Venkaiah held a meeting with Kishan Reddy on July 28 and was briefed about the pending works in these States. The Vice-President has been regularly guiding various ministries and departments for early completion and full-fledged operationalisation of projects and institutions being set up under the Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Act, 2014.
During the presentation by the Ministry of Tourism, officials briefed him about the completed projects under the Swadesh Darshan Scheme (Coastal Circuit and the Buddhist Circuit in Andhra Pradesh, Eco Circuit, Tribal Circuit and Heritage Circuit in Telangana) and those under the Prasad Scheme (development of Amaravati and Srisailam temple in Andhra Pradesh). They also explained the details of other tourism-related projects in various stages of implementation in the States.
During the presentation by the Ministry of Culture, officials briefed the Vice-President about the ongoing major conservation works such as the Thousand Pillar Temple, Hanamkonda, Veerbhadreswara Swamy Temple, Lepakshi, Charminar, Hyderabad, among others. They also detailed on fund allocation for museums, performing arts, zonal cultural centres, libraries and other institutions.
The Vice-President complimented the officials for the progress and advised them to make regular field visits to the site of the projects and take personal initiative in expediting them.