- Rajamahendravaram: Gas agencies told to register at consumers’ doorstep
- Eluru Jana Sena leaders to stage protest for not allocating ticket to party
- TDP to hold a meeting in Vijayawada Central Constituency
- Airtel switches to recycled PVC SIM cards – partners IDEMIA
- BJP made tough decisions like no other govt: Rajnath
- Congress leader Dakareddy Chandrasekhar Reddy seeks Malkajgiri MP ticket
- National Science Day
- 94 pc of Indian firms plan to boost workers’ skills, abilities this year
- Jana Sena may not get any seats in Srikakulam
- Navigating higher education with AI & ML
VAMSADHARA-BAHUDA Redrawing river linking project on cards
Srikakulam: The YSRCP-led government wants to redraw Vasmsadhara and Bahuda rivers linking project as previous TDP government planned the project in a hasty manner. The project is aimed to irrigate 1.20 lakh acres and also standardize water to existing irrigated area of 1.30 lakh acres in all seven mandals, Itchapuram, Kaviti, Kanchili, Sompeta, Mandasa, Palasa and Vajrapukotturu.
Total estimated cost of project is Rs 6,500 crore for land acquisition, main canal and high level canal, minor and sub-minor canals. Over 12, 358 acres of land is needed to acquire for main, high level, minor and sub-minor canals of the project.
It is learnt, the new government is on opinion that previous government approved the project in a hasty manner and that too before elections. Tenders were called on February 25 and three contracting companies had got eligibility to take up project works packages wise. But present government wants that a committee be appointed with officials and MLAs for awarding tenders. After the committee report further process will be followed regarding river linking project. "Entire project process is completed on quick pace by the previous government and estimations also higher than the prevailing rates. So, the present government wants to ratify the project," a senior engineering official of Vamsadhara Project who did not want to be named told The Hans India.