- Modi scared of Kejriwal’s growing popularity: Somnath Bharti
- Central govt ready to include 26 communities in OBC list, says BJP
- CPM leader raises voice for journalists free housing scheme
- Nuke Issues & G-20 Declaration
- MyVoice: Views of our readers 25th September 2023
- Researchers roll out multilingual tool for Indic languages
- BRS in a tizzy to finalise remaining candidates
- BRS govt’s devpt measures transformed villages: MLA
- 150 Congress leaders join BRS
- Vizianagaram: Free medical camp conducted
We are looking for alternatives to set up Mannavaram Thermal project: Minister Mekapati Goutam Reddy
Industry and Commerce Minister Mekapati Gautam Reddy said setting up of companies to meet local needs was a priority.
Industry and Commerce Minister Mekapati Gautam Reddy said setting up of companies to meet local needs was a priority. YSRCP MLA Anam Ramnarayana Reddy questioned in the Assembly on Thursday about the cancellation of manufacturing units in connection with the construction of Mannavaram NTPC-BHEL Power Project Limited. This project is just 2km to his Venkatagiri constituency. Asked what the government is doing with regard to the Mannavaram project.
Responding to the question, the minister said that they too have affiliations with Venkatagiri and that they too are from the area. NTPC-BHEL Thermal Projects will be set up in Mannavaram project. "NTPC will serve as a power generator while BHEL will produce products for Thermal projects. But now we are looking at alternatives, " he said.
Electronic manufacturing clusters are being brought in the Srikalahasti constituency, said Minister Mekapati Gautam Reddy. The company is already in talks with another company, EMC-3 is about to start there. It has already been announced that the EMC-1 has come. The EMC-2 has been announced and soon the EMC-3 will also be expanded. Coming to Venkatagiri, he explained that there are positives like traditional handloom and handicrafts.
" If the NTPC does not set up a solar plant unit in the land, we look for alternatives. The government emphasizes the creation of sophisticated business opportunities, " minister asserted. He recalled Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy words of development in backward areas. Mekapati Gautam Reddy replied that he would also seek centres help in this project.