- Kharge, Rahul hail Indian athletes' 'phenomenal' medal haul at Asian Games
- Ram temple ground floor to be completed by December-end, 'pran pratishtha' on Jan 22: Nripendra Mishra By Nirmal Pathak
- Ambani's children will get no salary, only fee for attending board meetings
- Karnataka govt released Cauvery water to Tamil Nadu due to DMK pressure: Union minister Chandrasekhar
- Taekwondo Instructor Swetha from Orchids The International Wins 2 Gold Medals in South Korea
- Daily Forex Rates (26-09-2023)
- Supreme hero Sai Dharam Tej launches ‘Month of Madhu’ trailer
- Janak Ram slams Nitish-Tejashwi government for atrocities on Dalits
- Rapid positive change, progress in various sectors during current NDA regime: Union Minister Kishan Reddy
- ED attaches assets worth over Rs 1 cr of Sunheaven Agro India in PMLA case
YS Jagan constitutes a high-level panel to inspect Odisha train accident site
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy on Saturday constituted a high-level panel of IAS officers headed by the state's IT Minister G. Amarnath
Amaravati: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy on Saturday constituted a high-level panel of IAS officers headed by the state's IT Minister G. Amarnath to visit the site of the tragic train accident in Odisha's Balasore district.
The decision was taken after the Chief Minister held a high-level meeting with CMO officials here earlier on Saturday and reviewed the situation. He directed them to be in touch with the officials of the Odisha CMO and Railway Department.
Jagan Mohan Reddy also told them to establish inquiry and grievance cells in the offices of District Collectors to deal with grievances and respond immediately.
The panel, consisting of Civil Supplies Commissioner Arun Kumar, Joint Commissioner of Commercial Taxes Anand, and Srikakulam Joint Collector Naveen, along with Amarnath will visit the accident spota and extend help in the relief and rescue operations.
The Chief Minister directed the officials to make arrangements in hospitals of Visakhapatnam, Vizianagaram, and Srikakulam districts to treat the injured and provide medical treatment and also keep ambulances ready. He also directed them to keep him informed of the latest developments.